During the 16th European Conference on Developmental Psychology there will be some special events organized for PhD students On behalf of the European Association of Developmental Psychology (EADP), Early Researcher Union (ERU) and the Jacobs Foundation:
- The Jacobs Foundation supports financially 15 PhD students within the framework of collaboration with the EADP to attend the 16th European Conference on Developmental Psychology. The 15 fellowships will be divided into 8 fellowships offered to young researchers in recognition of their excellent work, independently of their country of origin, and 7 to young researchers from economically developing countries. Only members of the EADP can be recipients of the fellowships. Please go to the EADP website for membership application before or upon being selected for the fellowship. In this way you can also ask for a reduced fee when registering for the conference. The 15 fellowships will be selected based on their poster submission for the best poster award (click here for the submission guidelines).
- The Best Poster Award. 15 candidates who will be granted a fellowship. During the closing ceremony the best poster and the first and second runner-up will be made known (click here for the submission guidelines).
- ERU poster symposium. The 15 fellowships selected will be invited to give a five minute presentation during this special event chaired by the president of the ERU.
- Lecture on Presentation Skills by Rens van de Schoot and Dorothea Dette-Hagenmeyer. This lecture is specially intended for the 15 fellowships to improve their presentation skills, but is also open for other PhD-students.
- ERU Social Event. This ERU event is planned on Wednesday 4th of september, in the evening, around 8PM after ERU meeting. For questions contact Noémie Faure (Noemie.Faure@chuv.ch).
- ERU General Assembly. The board of the Early Research Union invites all PhD-students who are member of the EADP to take part in this meeting. We will inform you what the ERU has done since the last conference and we will discuss our future plans. If you want to receive the agenda, please send an email to our secretary Radosveta Dimitrova (email@example.com)
Altogether, the program targeted to early researchers gathers the above mentioned initiatives endorsing great opportunities to communicate, interact, learn and become active in the welcoming context of the upcoming 16th EADP conference in Lausanne.